Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Still feeling a bit beat up from the weekend but had a good swim practice even though the usual suspects were not there. I missed drafting Sarah and had to work hard all on my own :(

2350 Swim Practice @ 00:55:00

Then I rode the Hindenburg into work and I was tired Tired TIRED and s l o w.

10 mile Bike Commute @ 00:52:43
120a

My ride home was a bit better but I definitely was not at the top of my game.

17 Mile Bike Commute @ 01:26:09
118a, 155m
_____________________________________

Tomorrow's bike sprint workout is going to hurt. Here are the instructions from my coach...

Intervals on Lake Washington Blvd:

Because the road is so bad until Mt Baker, I do a 2 mile warm-up from Madrona till Mt B, then start with 1 mile hard, 1/2 mile recovery, and repeat, you will get two intervals in until Seward.

Then go up the hill and do 4 laps of the upper loop hard, one easy, then repeat, back down the hill and 1 mile intervals on the way back.

Then take the upper loop by I-90 on the way home and recover after that. You just can't do the upper loop on Thursdays because of the weekly crit.

Time each of your miles and also time the 4 laps together (not each lap). Now you also have a baseline to see improvements.

No comments: