Saturday, July 15, 2006

Today we swam the Fat Salmon 3.4 mile race. The water was choppy and we fought a headwind a lot of the time. I know that this was not a priority race -- it was a long training swim for me but I was quite disappointed that I came in about 10 minutes slower than the time I had the last time I swam it -- and the conditions were not ideal that time either.

It is hard to not feel discouraged as my times continue to be slower and slower. I know that two years ago, I did swim it much harder and would not have been in the shape to ride RAMROD that summer. That is my consolation/justification at the moment. Still a bummer and yet another disappointment.

I hope that all this distance training is the reason and I will be able to see and know the payoffs of all the miles and hours I am putting into training -- in the positive results of a race. Perhaps it will also help to not be in transition with our home packed up -- waiting to move into the new one.

3.4 Mile Swim @ 02:00:00

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could always say, I just did something that 5 Billion other people on this planet couldn't do even on their best day... That makes me pretty special , huh?

You did fantastic. Another candle lit at the Seujan shrine