Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Went for a 20 minute swim this morning in the lake before we (Ruth) drove home. I was actually feeling quite good and we got home in the late afternoon.

20 Minute Open Water Swim

Right away, Ruth headed to the gym to get in a lift and I went to Greenlake for a short run. As I was coming out of our building, I saw Chris and rolled down the window to say hello. She was carrying something and flipped it around so I could see it. It was a huge sign that read "Ironman Seujan" and was signed by Cheryl and many others. She was going to put it in the window of the Cloud City Coffee shop across the street so I would see it. It was SO SWEET and I now have it in our home.

My run was good but I am definitely not fully recovered and it was hard to complete it at a reasonable pace.

3.2 Mile Run @ 00:30:00

We went out for Sushi and I told Ruth about the revelation I had regarding Ironman. I have been preparing for this race for 5 years and I have always thought of it as a destination and was not sure what would be on the other side. On the way to Canada, I told Ruth that I may cross the finish line and decide that was enough and that I wanted to start a family. Or that I no longer wanted to race Triathlons anymore as I had achieved my goal. What I learned though was that this 5 year journey to the door at the top of the mountain and beyond that door is another path -- my life. And this is my life, my lifestyle is doing this triathlon thing. I am immersed and really like doing it.

Apparently so do Ruth's parents as they called to say they wanted to come back in 2007 and watch us both race :)

1 comment:

PuddyRat said...

Easy, easy on that recovery girlfriend. Many people don't run for a full WEEK following an ironman. Just try some easy swims and short cycling in your small chain ring only.