Saturday, September 02, 2006

Had dinner with Cheryl and her husband last night and while we did our best to not bore him completely talking about training and racing....well, at least he was fed....

My (now our as Ruth is now training for IM Canada 2007) training plan for 06-07 has some serious changes.

First, I have to take the next three weeks off which means aerobic only. No speedwork -- not even on the bike. No weights for another week but I can do all the core I want (not exactly doing cartwheels over that one).

Tour de Tucson is out :( . Tucson Marathon is in (Ruth will do the half while I try to qualify for Boston again on the full).

Victoria Half Iron is out. Desert Half Iron is in.

Ruth has a marathon in the Spring and right now, we are looking at Whidbey Island.

I also need to LOSE WEIGHT and I have started to record my food intake using the Calorie King online journal. I like it a lot because it is easy to enter food and see the totals as well as nutritional information. I am going to try this through September and then re-evaluate whether or not I need to see a nutrionist because I do eat well, it is just the extras that are making the difference in my weight.

We went for a run this morning down and around Greenlake and back home. I did not wear a HR monitor and we kept the pace aerobic and chatted easily. I felt good, even coming up the hill on 5th. Then planked for three minutes.

5.75+ Mile Run @ 00:53:00

No comments: