Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Commuted into work this morning and had a good ride despite nearly being smooshed by a car who decided to go around me on the left as I was in the left of the lane and was signaling to make a left turn.

Fortunately, there were some other bicycle commuters who yelled at the car a bit and saved me. I guess the car had done the exact same thing to them a moment ago. One of the guys put it best when he said "at least he is doing his part -- he is on a hybrid after all..." :)

17 Mile Ride @ 01:24:00 ( a bit slower because I rode and chatted with the group for a bit)
126a, 162m

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Saw your blog on the discussion group fro IMNZ. Look's like you are going to interesting 40th birthday. My friend (June Jenkins) and I are also trying to finish our training for the race. Since we our from Ontario Canada, we have been doing mind-numbing long rides on computrainers. Although the trainers are great tools, 5 to 6 hour long rides in a basement are driving us nuts. Hope you training over the next month goes well and we will look for you in Taupo.

Mike Traynor