Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Yesterday was my first day back to work after a two week break and because of some changes in my team, I moved to a new cube. While moving, I dragged/pushed a lot of heavy stuff -- no problem. But when I moved something light from the top of one table to one right next to it -- only twisting slightly -- I heard and felt a "pop" in the lower left side of my back that hurt. A lot.

Of course I continued to move, just slower and finished my task with the help of some ibuprofen. By the time I got home, I was in serious pain and spent the evening first on the couch with an ice pack and then in bed with a heat patch. By that evening, the slightest move hurt like hell....

I woke up feeling a bit better and it did not affect me too badly at swim practice, although it caused me to do some very slow flip turns... Ruth was kind enough to tie my shoe for me -- in a double knot. At least I did not focus on my shoulder as much :)

2200 Swim Practice @ 00:55:00

During lunch, I had a run planned but did it on the treadmill so I could stop at any time if the pain stopped me. While I did feel my back, I could modify my stride enough to make it not hurt as much and I managed a 6 mile run at an 8:34 pace with a walking cool down after. I am going to wait another day though before I try any core...

6.24 Mile Run @ 00:56:00

No comments: