Saturday, February 03, 2007

I need to get in a 113 km ride today. I will head out soon to beat the rain and hope ride outside the entire time.

I need to keep my pace between 24 kph (14.91 mph) to 28 km (17.40 mph).

For nutrition, I will take a large bottle of the sustained energy drink with some gel mixed in and take a sip every 15 minutes in addition to a smaller bottle of water. I will also take two power bars in my bento box.
_____________________________________

The first part of the ride was terrific. Decided to loop around the lake -- starting with the south end and was planning to ride to Marymoore to meet Ruth in Renton. I was comfortable and enjoying the ride -- and my pace was easy. Then it started to rain and I go very cold coming down Juanita. Called Ruth at the bottom of the hill to try to coordinate a scoop and my cell phone battery started to die after I hung up with her so I decided to head home. By the time I got home, I was very wet, dirty and quite cranky -- but still needed to get in 20k.

So after wiping off my tires to prevent a spectacular wipe out on the rollers, I finished my ride with very little enthusiasm. I think that it has finally dawned on me that I am really going to do an Ironman in a few short weeks...

113 Kilometer Ride @ 04:58:00
______________________

CORE

3 x 1:00 Plank

No comments: