Thursday, February 01, 2007

Today I had an 18 mile run planned during lunch. So I decided that I would just run around Mercer Island as that should be about 18 -- maybe less, I could not remember...but it should be fine...

So off I went and realized it was definitely not an 18 mile run. I just checked my blog from other times I circled it on my bike -- 19.5.

I set my watch to ding every 15 minutes to remind me to drink and I alternated water and the usual energy drink. When drinking, I walked a bit -- usually about 30 seconds before running again. Once I realized the distance was further than I thought, I started to panic and ran a bit too fast. I was quite whipped when I got back to work. I also realized when setting out that I should have converted the distance to kilometers -- I will next time to get in that mind set.

Of course I had forgotten my lunch so there I was at Starbucks at 2:30, blue-lipped and shivering trying ask for a hot sandwich -- and not quite able to get the words out... They did take pity on me and heated up a breakfast sandwich.

19.5 Mile Run @ 03:03:53
138a

No comments: