Saturday, November 10, 2007

Went to a memorial service in the morning and after lunch, we went to Forest Park for our long run. I had 15 miles on the plan to run and a loop of the park was 5.5 so I figured that I should do 3 loops. My first lap was not so good. I started out discouraged because I had to struggle a bit to fasten my water bottle pack around my waist and started the first lap berating myself for my weight gain. I also had pretty bad cramps so it was a miserable first three miles but then I got warmed up and got back a bit mentally. The temperature was warm but it felt much colder as the winds continued to pick up. It was also not super hilly but not as flat as the map looked like it would be.

I started the second one and figured that it would probably be my last and would be okay with that. But when I hit the third, I was feeling strong and decided to go for it.

When it was all done, I realized my pace was pretty good and was glad I got in the long run.

16.5 Mile Run @ 02:32:00

No comments: