Monday, June 30, 2008

Got up at 5 to get in my tempo run to beat the heat, and to make it in on time for core class. I ran down to Greenlake and then ran the outer loop at a tempo pace (keeping my HR in the high 140's to low 150's). It was a good run, still not super fast but I need to accept that is in alignment with my goal. I did have to hold my breath a lot to keep from inhaling bugs...

5.5 Mile Tempo Run @ 00:48:00
3.2 Tempo Pace @ 00:25:25

Core class was fine -- Natalie taught and I hoped that since I saw her out on Pride weekend that she might have a bit of mercy on us. Not a chance...

Core Class @ 00:30:00

Speaking of no mercy...I meet with Jerome today at 12:30 for a weight training assessment. More on that later.
____________________________

My meeting with Jerome was not too bad...yet. He was polite enough to not give me a hard time about my lack of flexibility but there were a couple of "really? that's it?". Unlike Tija who asked why I was not sitting right next to her in yoga class on Tuesday mornings. We did some flexibility and strength. The good news is that I could do 47 crunches and leg press 550 pounds. The bad news is that my hamstring flexibility is 50% on my right and 45% on my left (that was were the Really?'s came in). I got in a upper body weight session after my assessment.

Upper Weights @ 00:30:00

No comments: