Thursday, June 19, 2008

It's been building for a few days now, but things finally erupted at work and I am now getting to flex some new skills. And put in more time...

I planned a stair workout this morning before my first (of many meetings) at 7:30. I wanted to do the stairs at Quest Field figuring that would give me a decent workout that was close but when I got there, I saw they had fenced them off. So instead, I did a workout on the stairs at King Street Station. Not that many stairs but they were neatly divided into 4 sections so I went up and down each section 10x alternating between running them one at a time and walking them two at a time. The plan worked out pretty well although I had times when I had to dodge a bunch of people when the trains let out.

Stair Run Workout @ 00:30:00


I took my cell phone to spin class, and sent my manager a note asking him to call me if I was needed urgently. Otherwise, I was going to spin my little legs off. And so I did. The music was GREAT -- all 60's stuff but my quads were disappointed to do so much climbing after this morning.

Spin Class @ 00:50:00

The cool news is that I organized a little stair climb challenge for a group here and we made it into the corporate newsletter :) along with a picture of us on the spiral staircase. I pasted the blurb below.

********************************************************************************
83 King Partners Take the Stairs!

We’ve all heard that small changes like parking further away from your destination, or taking the stairs instead of the elevator, can be a great way to stay in shape. Eleven IT Support team partners at 83 King have taken this to heart by creating a stair challenge that will last through the summer.

Participants have agreed to take the stairs from the lobby to the 8th floor once a day. They track their progress on a chart, and anyone who misses a day is "fined" ten dollars. The proceeds go to a happy hour celebration to be held at the end of the challenge. So far, the group has enjoyed the challenge and everyone is feeling stronger and fitter.

Another challenge will start in the fall. Please contact Seujan Bertram if you’d like to participate.

No comments: