Sunday, June 01, 2008

Last night, I was almost asleep @ 9:30 and was startled awake by someone knocking on sliding glass door of the lanai of the little condo I rented. Then the knocking went to the front door, and then back again to the sliding glass door. I was startled and creeped out and did not answer the door. (note to self, never stay on the 1st floor again...) It kept me awake though pretty late and I slept in until @ 7:30.

I decided to get in my long run this morning as I am feeling much better and the overcast sky looked as though it would keep the temperature down. I set out to run 2 hours -- and out and back. The clouds burned off pretty quickly and I was feeling the effects of the heat and decided to turn around 45 minutes in rather than going the complete hour figuring that if I was feeling like I had extra, I could add it on the other side. Good choice because the return trip was pretty much in the sun and mostly uphill. I had to talk myself into running to the end and was pretty much wilted by the time I hit the end. No extra for me although I did negative split it by 1 minute...

9ish Mile Run @ 01:30:00

Then, after breakfast I went for another swim at the Ironman start but this time, turned around at the 1/2 mile buoy and called it good.

1 Mile Swim @ 00:25:00

No comments: