Monday, August 25, 2008

I have been telling myself for months that once I am done with my GMAT, I will begin swimming again. This was a no excuse Monday morning for me to re-immerse myself in the pool.

I went to bed before 9 and read a little despite 18 lbs of a very needy Wally on my chest. Wally had spent the entire day in the bathtub after being traumatized by being left alone for his weekend but finally emerged in the evening for some love. He repeated that about 3x during the night and I would wake up to him walking not exactly gently on me and settling down for some serious loving. I guess I am not the only one with abandonment issues :) I think we may be a match made in heaven...

I did contemplate turning over when the alarm woke me up but I made myself mentally walk through how I would feel later if I did get my butt out of bed. It was great to be back in the water even though I was pretty darn pokey and put quite easily out of breath.

2300 Swim Practice @ 00:55:00

Made it in for core class with the humorless and sadistic Natalie. Will get in a lift later.

Core Class @ 00:30:00

Dragged myself down to the gym for a lift in the afternoon even though there were twenty million things I would rather have done.

Upper Weights @ 00:40:00

No comments: