Sunday, November 02, 2008

After a really great massage yesterday (thanks Ruth!), I headed East to get in my 22 mile run on the Lake Samamish trail. I ran out of trail before miles and ended up getting a bit more on the sidewalk before turning around and lucked out by hitting a water fountain that actually worked!

I think I went through almost every weather system on my run from hot sun through dumping rain. I did practice with Accelorade and my spam sandwich. I ended up eating just a couple of bites of it because I was not that hungry. However, I did get a sip of the Accelorade every 10 minutes and that carried me through quite well. The run was great and I felt super strong up to mile 16 and after that, I still felt good and had some left when I was done although I did not want to test it...

22.5 mile Run @ 03:50:00

Today's run (and getting soaking wet in the rain) did a number on my skin again and I have some serious wounds from my running bra to heal. I have decided that I will no longer run with the HR monitor as that strap is what created the worst damage. I really am not using HR as much anymore and am running more by time.

Went to yoga class today even though I was quite tired but it ended up being really good.

Yoga Class @ 01:15:00

No comments: