Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Went to Yoga this morning and it was good (in a way that hurt A LOT) to stretch my tight back left hamstring.

Yoga @ 01:15:00

Today's speed run can best be described as an exercise in improvisation. I have been smart enough to block off my calendar for these Tuesday runs so I can be sure to get them in. I headed out during lunch planning to get in an 8 mile tempo run from work to West Seattle and back. As I was running towards West Seattle, there was a very slow moving train in my way between me and the bridge so instead, I just kept heading South on 1st Avenue until I ran out of sidewalk. I then turned around and planned to still do an out and back to a closer point in West Seattle to get in my mileage. No train this time so I headed over and had just run the path under the bridge and was about to get on it when I saw it was blocked because the bridge was opening to accommodate a tall ship going through. Foiled again! No worries, I figured I would then just run towards Pioneer Square to get it all in and I saw CONSTRUCTION on the road ahead. I decided that if that ended up blocking me, the universe just must be insisting that I only get in 5 miles.

Unfortunately, Cheryl's training plans apparently trump signs from the universe because there was a path for bikes that I could go through.

8 Mile Tempo Run @ 01:14:00

No comments: