Monday, January 19, 2009

What a busy day after a busy weekend. Last night, I decided that I would sleep in to try to catch up after working late on Saturday night and getting up early both weekend mornings. I managed to sleep in until 7:30 AM and it felt marvelous :)

I also decided to work from home and call into the few meetings I had. I figured I would get in a quick spin during my lunchtime and maybe even get in a lift before my dinner plans. I changed into my indoor cycling clothes and saw a bit of glass in the rear tire that I took out. Then it was on to another and another until I started to dig a bit too much into an especially large gash and punctured the tire. They were pretty shredded anyway, not surprising because they were the same tires I raced IM Canada 07 in. So my spin turned into a trip to Greggs Cycle to get another tire and change it before my next meeting started.

When I finally thought I was getting ready to wrap up for the day, I got a couple of last minute time sensitive requests and ended up working a couple more hours and bailing on dinner :(. When I finally got on the bike, I was pretty much wound up and had some excess energy to burn and it paid off! Worked really hard on keeping my cadence up and I felt strong and fast.

18 Mile Bike @ 01:04:30

No comments: