Thursday, February 26, 2009

Just when we though spring was here, we got another blanket of snow to let us know that winter is not yet done with us. I got in a good tempo bike on the rollers even though I really find it tough to get warmed up on morning rollers workouts. The workout was a 10 minute warm up, 20 at tempo pace (17+ mph), 5 recovery, 20 tempo and 5 cool down. About 15 minutes in, I started to feel tired and had to remind myself that tempo workouts are not supposed to be FUN. They are supposed to be hard :)

15.6 Mile Tempo Bike @ 01:00:00

After waiting for 45 minutes at the bus stop for a bus that never came, I headed back home to thaw out and work from there until the roads cleared a bit. Of course, once I started to work, I could not find a breaking point to leave to hop on the bus so I just continued from there. Afterwards, I headed to the gym to get in my tempo run for the week. I warmed up for .5 at a 10 pace, then did 5 miles at an 8:34 pace followed by a .5 mile cool down. I am quite addicted to my iPhone now and the Pandora app kept me from going completely crazy!

6 Mile Tempo Run @ 00:52:00

No comments: