Sunday, March 15, 2009

Today finds me very sick. I am not sure if it was last night's dinner or if I caught something but I spent most of the night and morning purging the contents of my stomach. Add on to that very achy quads, a fever and I am one very miserable puppy.

I did want to add a correction to my race report. I did not do it in 3:21, but 3:51. I WISH I could have hit 3:21 but probably not in this lifetime.

I also realized that I pretty much skipped over the race experience itself. There were lots and lots of traditional drummers along the way so it was the Korean version of the Rock and Roll marathon without the rock or roll. That was absolutely my favorite. I also learned that Koreans really really like to tape up their legs and most of the men had stretchy athletic tape running vertically, horizontally and in intricate designs. Like usual, I ended up running mostly with the middle age men and actually felt a bit like a giant among them at times :)

There was a point where there were some older men on the sidelines doing some sort of call and answer cheer and it was SO cool to be in the midst of the men as they responded. Really cool and powerful because I could feel the reverberations in my chest.

I have an appointment with Korean Social Services next Monday and while I may not learn anything new, I would have regretted not making effort.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you feel better soon Seujan. 3:51 is still an awesome time! Missed running with you yesterday.

Barbara Rose

Seagrass said...

im so glad you got to see korea...we have much to discuss..