Saturday, May 23, 2009

Today's workout was 50 miles speed and I decided to just go for a spin around the lake starting on the trail. I didn't start until after 9:30 but I still was able to avoid a lot of congestion. At one point, I passed a couple on a tandem who were friendly but insisted on passing me again for some reason and then, of course slowing down once they did :( Fortunately, I turned on Juanita and got in some good climbing and descending until I flatted in Bellevue on a descent. Fortunately, I was able to change it on the sidewalk away from the road and in the sun! Not bad for my first flat of the training season.

My odometer reset when I flatted so I am not sure of the exact distance but I ended up averaging about 15.5 for the whole ride. Not spectacular but I did enjoy myself and made sure to push it on the ascents and descents :)

50ish Mile Ride @ 03:30:00

No comments: