Sunday, August 30, 2009

I arrived in Venice this morning after a surprisingly comfortable plane ride. I somehow lucked out and got an aisle seat in the front row so there was extra leg room.

Had lunch with a classmate and then took a nap that was a bit too long...Had my first pizza at an outdoor table while watching the world go by with this stupid grin on my face. I am in ITALY, how freaking cool is that?!? I do love that I rarely hear English unless, of course the retailers pity me and switch so I can understand what I am buying.

I walked around a lot and think I figured out a running route for the morning before the train to Bolanza. I am currently 9 hours ahead of home so I am sure that my sleep will take a bit of time to adjust.

Been sending lots and lots of good energy to some of my favorite first time Ironman athletes, including my brother, who is doing Ironman Louisville as I type. Ruth checked on him and let me know he has started strong. BR and Ann are still on their bikes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun! Italy is my favorite country to visit.