Monday, November 29, 2010

Been a bit of a whirlwind holiday weekend. Took a 6AM flight to Atlanta to spend Thanksgiving with my Korean birth family. Had hoped to get in a run - had packed everything but my running bra so I got two days "off" in a row. Then flew back on Saturday morning and finally started my run at 3 PM. It was cold and I was very tired after getting little sleep in the past few days. However, I figured that it was probably some of the best training I could possibly get for ultra-racing. Planned a 19 mile route starting at Gasworks, to Ballard, over the bridge and along the waterfront to Royal Brougham through the I-90 tunnel to Lake Washington, back up via the arboretum, UW and finally along the Burke Gilman path home.

Saturday Long Run - 19 Miles @ 03:18:00

Was definitely whooped on Sunday and very sore. Was happy to support Beth as she ran the half and, took a nap and went to my favorite yoga class.

This morning, I went for a run from home and around Greenlake. I definitely felt better but was surprised (and disappointed) that my pace was still slightly over 10.

5.2 Mile Run @ 00:53:00

No comments: