Friday, May 27, 2005

So that's what 3000 feels like. I had completely forgotten! Reese, our favorite Friday swim coach had a terrific distance workout for us. I was wiped but made it through and am now quite grateful that I do not have to work out again for 24 hours! This last few weeks of training seemed so innocuous when my coach and I were hanging out last Sunday discussing it over breakfast. I was fooled. This is a time of pain and recovery....over and over...

Swim Practice 3000 @ 01:00:00
WU
400S, 100K
Main Set
4x100 on 1:45
2x500 (1st kick focus, 2nd no breath off walls)
4x25 Sprint on :30
1x1000 (1st 25 kick)

Went to Redmond Cycles again at lunch today and bought my new bike -- in the grey/red color. I am very excited and will be far less resentful when picking up Ruth's new bike from Gregg's Bellevue Cycle after work today. Mine will be ready next week and it probably is a good thing I need to wait as I will be happy to still have my triple and 650 wheels when doing the Seven Hills of Kirkland ride with Ruth and her new triple gearing on Monday.

No comments: