Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Today's brick workout was much harder than it looked. I went into it thinking "no problem, 10 miles on the bike and a 3 mile Interval run" -- I can do that half awake. Once again, hubris was flattened by a bit of a headwind on my way back from the bike, uncooperative legs and, oh yes -- sucking wind...

Bike 12 Miles @ 00:48:41
Parked at Leschi and went a bit North on Lake Washington before heading South. Took the hill up the I90 bridge and then to Seward where I looped around the hill there. Had a bit of a headwind back but still felt good.
128a 159m 120e

Interval Run 3.5 Miles @ 00:30:00
This hurt. This hurt everything. I never even did a half mile interval and had a hard time getting my heart rate up and down. I tried to go for 2 minutes hard, and then one minute recovery. On the way back, I could not HR back down below mid-130's so I walked that last @ 3/4 miles. HR during intervals was averaging about 158-160.

I think that part of it was that I ran too hard yesterday. I am grateful that I have 24 hours plus to recover before my tempo hilly ride tomorrow night :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seujan,

I wondered how the run would go. It's been a long time that you have followed a ride with an interval workout. Even if it didn't go as planned, your body became stronger for it. Glad you get some rest before tomorrow.

Katie