Friday, June 10, 2005

Today was a swim/bike brick day. Swam for the first time in Lake Washington with Ruth and Gisela (and Gisela's new wet suit). The water was pretty choppy but definitely not as cold as we had anticipated. I bought a new pair of goggles for open water and they did not fog at all! Loved them. I also bought Ruth a swim cap for cold water and she said it made all the difference in the world for her. I think that she is ready for her race tomorrow.

We swam for only about 20 minutes because of the choppy water and then I hopped on my bike and rode to work via Renton. I finally made friends with my bike. Put my old saddle on (not the best but better than the other) and was able to get the shifting just right. I hit a lot of headwind on my way south and around the lake so I could not get a good sense of what the bike could do for a while but once I hit the flats without the wind, I could really fly! Now to just be able to fly uphill... Not sure of the total bike distance because I do not have the hang of my new computer yet and I erased my data :(

Open Water Swim @ 00:20:00

Bike Ride 30 mile? @ 01:45:00

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whoo hoo!!! Great news about the bike. CM