Friday, July 01, 2005

No Ironman Distance racing for me in 2005. Most of the big Ironman races are filled up and I am not enthused about the races (or the associated traveling cost) that I could do this year.

After a lot of thought and consultation with Ruth and my coach, I decided to wait another year before going for the full iron distance. However, I am going to go to IM Canada this year to cheer on my friends who are racing and sign up for IM Canada 2006. That will give me a full year to prepare for a race I can get excited about.

I will plan to race the Black Diamond 1/2 Ironman in September with a sub 5:30 finish and will devote the rest of the summer preparing for that.

Swam in the lake this AM with Gisela who is still nursing an injury so I just pulled the entire time without kicking so we were the same pace. On the way back though, she slowed down quite a bit so I got pretty cold near the end.

Lake Swim 1.2 Miles (to the bouy)

Went for a bike ride during lunch with my friend Sandy around Mercer Island. Because our paces are not the same, I sent her around the East Mercer Way because she does not know the route and I went the opposite way. Once I passed her, I rode a little bit longer and then turned around and caught up with her. So I was able to get in a decent workout. I realized that today was the first time I was on my bike since the race. I have done a couple of spin classes but nothing on the Orbea.

Bike Ride around Mercer Island 01:20:00

No comments: