Monday, October 24, 2005

Went to my noon 24 Lift class. First time I lifted since last Monday as my workout schedule really got jacked up last week.

Then I did a CompuTrainer session with my bike team and worked harder on the bike than I ever have! I saw spots at the end and my HR was higher than my running sprints (I came in 2nd out of 6 but afterwards many talked about this being a recovery ride for them -- sheesh!).

I learned that ride that I have a couple of things to work on. First, not getting psyched out. I was working hard to keep up with someone who I was constantly trading 2nd and 3rd place spots with. At one point, she was hammering and I did not have much left. I glanced over to her and she was actually sitting upright in her saddle and appeared to not even be trying! I got very discouraged and could not get myself out of that space.

Next, I need to work on standing -- specifically keeping my stroke smooth. When I stand, my stroke clunks and clunks. During my spin class, our instructor works on having us stand with a smooth stroke and I just need to get stronger on that -- and the core work I am doing should help too.

16.1 Mile Bike @ 00:52:00
152a 178m

No comments: