Sunday, December 04, 2005

Today starts my official Boston Marathon training and my "biggest loser" challenge with Gisela. Last week in the pool we made an agreement to challenge each other to lose weight. Our first goal is a 10 pound loss. The first person to lose the weight is treated by the other to a pedicure. But the pedicure cannot happen until both of us have lost the 10 lbs. We agreed to weigh in on Sundays and also measure once a month. I stepped on the scale this AM and was very surprised by how my weight had crept up -- despite my not noticing a difference in the way my clothing fits. It is a good reality check. Of course my baseline weigh-in follows a night of dirty martinis and egg nog ;)

Because my running increases this week, I do not think it will not be difficult for me to start to drop weight. I am going to start out by not doing all the complicated food tracking. I will just work to be more attentive to what I put into my mouth and see how that -- combined with the increase in activity will go.

Here are my stats (I truly am shaped like a Lego!)

Weight: 168.2
Bust: 40.5
Chest: 37
Waist: 37.5
Hips: 38
Thighs: 22
Calves: 14.5
Upper Arm: 12
Forearm: 10

Did my 10+ mile run today. We drove to Gasworks Park and ran around Lake Union. Then I ran home from there. Did my last mile, fast(ish) mile from 80th and Roosevelt to 1 block from the house. Then I walked the last bit to cool down. Forgot my watch so I have no idea what my HR or time was.

10+ Mile Run @ 01:45:00

We lifted in NorthGate today -- about two hours after we finished our long run. Even though we ate lunch between the workouts, neither of us felt strong going into our strength training.

CHEST
Bench Press 2x12 @ 45 lbs
Chest Flyes 2x12 @ 25 lb Dumbbells

SHOULDERS
Overhead Press 2x12, 2x10 @ 22.5 lb Dumbbells
Shoulder raise side and front 2x12 @ 5 lb Dumbbells

BACK
Chin Up Assisted 2x8, 2x4 @ 110 Machine

BICEPS
Concentration Curls 2x12 @ 17.5 lb Dumbbells

TRICEPS
Assisted machine dips 1x8, 1x8 @ 110 lbs

CORE
3x15 Crunches
3x1 min Plank
2x12 Back
1x :45 each side Side Plank with Rotation
2x15 Captain's Chair

LEGS
Abductor 2x15 @ 100 lb machine
Adductor 2x15 @ 105 lb machine
Hamstring 2x12 @ 60 lb machine

No comments: