Thursday, March 30, 2006

My swim with Sarah was AWESOME this morning. I spent most of the workout trying to keep up with her and at the end, our coach set us up to race the last fast 100. The good news is that even though she kicked my ass, I did hang in there and I managed to do a 1:23 to her 1:22 -- I was thrilled because she is such a terrific swimmer.

Swim Practice 2650 @ 01:00:00
__________________

After a stern talk with my coach this AM, I am on running restriction for the next three days. The good news is that taking the time off did help my knee and the injury is not serious enough to blow my chances at Boston unless I do something really really stupid. Not out of the range of possibilities but I am going to try very hard to not get in my way.

So I did a spin class and SAT DOWN the entire time. UUUGGHHH. I did stand for one or two pedal strokes just to give my butt a rest during a recovery interval but other than that, I played with speed, tension and time to get in a good workout. This was a good exercise for me because the instructor is not exactly inspirational and I had to keep myself going. I sure miss Dina :(

12 Mile Spin @ 00:50:00
135a, 155m

1 comment:

start2day said...

Hey, congratulations. Sitting down in a spinning class is tough. Most people think it is the relaxing approach, but you concentrate your work out on so few muscles....great stuff. I thought I could leave the spinning, but the weather here in Switzerland has been dreadful for outdoor biking!