Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Swam alone this morning and it still felt like I was swimming in Peanut Butter. But I got in a full workout.

2400 Swim Practice @ 01:00:00
___________________________

Got in a tempo run around Lake Union. While I LOVE my new monitor, both Ruth and I are disappointed to learn that the total distance is only 5.5 miles :(

The cool thing is that I was able to use the lap function on the monitor to see my pace per mile. There is a direct correlation between altitude and my pace -- and I need to work on maintaining my pace when I hit an incline. I warmed up for a mile, ran 4.25 at tempo pace and jogged/walked the cooldown.

I am turning into a bit of a head case right now and really worrying about the race. This tempo run was really hard and I would get frustrated when looking at my pace when running uphill. I just do not know how I am going to be able to keep an 8:30 pace on this hilly race. Crap.

5.4 Mile Tempo Run @ 00:47:45

No comments: