Monday, May 15, 2006

Had a really good swim with Sarah today. She has such a terrific attitude and is helping me not only get stronger in the pool, but more flexible mentally. We had a couple of people join us in the lane whose speed was much slower and I was a bit disappointed although I was already working on turning it in my head into a good challenge thing blah blah blah.

After our first set, she said to me "this is a terrific opportunity to use the pull bouy for those 400's" (to even things out) and that was exactly what we did. Even though they followed suit and were still much slower, turning it into an opportunity was exactly what I needed to hear and an excellent reminder.

2500 Swim Practice @ 00:55:00
________________________________

I got in my long run after work today. I thought I had planned a 9+ mile route as I needed to get in 10 but it turned out to be just about exactly 9 miles. I forgot my HR monitor strap so I just have the time recorded. It took me about 45 minutes to start to feel like I could actually run. I am not sure if it was the heat, the end of a long Monday or what.

9 Mile Run @ 01:25:25

I also S T R E T C H E D after. I stretched my calves, quads and hamstrings for 30 seconds each.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH I am IMPRESSED with the stretching!!!!! CM