Monday, May 01, 2006

Went for a run from home down and around Greenlake. My foot pod is definitely off because my pace was reading quite slowly and I finally turned off the pace reading portion of it because I was so frustrated with the time. However, I compared it to the last time I ran this in March and realize I have not declined as much as I thought.

6.1 Miles @00:57:32
138a, 193m
__________________________________
Met with my coach this morning to start to talk about my 1/2 Ironman and Ironman training plan. Not quite as painful as I anticipated but I learned that is because these workouts are more focused for the 1/2 Iron in June and that after that, it is really going to hurt...

Some takeaways:
  • Every long bike needs to be followed by a 20-30 minute run.
  • LEGS (Lunges, Add and Abductors) need to be added back into my weight training 1x a week.
  • Do CORE 3x a week.
  • I am to ride RAMROD with Ruth (I was hoping to be support staff) and train like it.
  • My runs need to be on gravel/dirt paths.
  • Alternate my workouts so I am doing interval, tempo and hill workout per sport. But never do those workouts back to back.

At the end of the session, I asked her what one thing I should change/do differently to be successful this summer. She told me that I need to focus on my mental game. I have not had a really good race since 2004 and it has been my attitude that is getting in the way of success. My reaction when I do not perform as I want is to get mad and berate myself -- that interferes with my ability workout and race well. She said I have a head of steel and while that can me really good in terms of discipline and focus, it also gets in the way. So I have some visualization homework to do.

__________________________________
Got in a lift today during lunch and added legs.


Weight Training

CORE
1x 1 Min Plank with Rotation each side
3 x 1 Min Plank
4 x 15 crunch on ball (2 front, 1 each side)
Back 2 x 12 @ 10 lb plate
2 x 12 Captain's Chair Leg Up

SHOULDERS
Overhead Press 2 x 12 @ 22.5 dumbbells
Shoulder alternate raise side and front 2 x 12 @ 8 dumbbells

CHEST
Press 1 x 12, 1 x 10 @ 70
Chest Flyes 1 x 10, 1x4 @ 30 dumbbells (hand hurt holding weights)

BACK
Seated Row 2 x 15 @ 75 machine
Lat Pull Down 2 x 10 @ 75 machine

BICEPS
Concentration Curl1 x 12, 1 x 10 @ 20 dumbbells
Hammer Curl 2 x 10 @ 15 dumbbells

TRICEPS
Kickbacks 2 x 10 @ 10 dumbbells
2 x 15 Assisted Dip @ 125

LEGS
Lunges 2x15 @ 5 dumbells
Adductor 2x15 @ 75 Machine
Abductor 2x12 @ 75 Machine

No comments: