Sunday, July 30, 2006

Had a 17 mile run on the plan for the day. Ruth dropped me off at Kenmore Log Boom and I ran from there to Gasworks and the plan was then to run home from there. I set my watch and did it as a 10 min run, 1 min fast (eat drink) walk. I felt so strong and light the first 2 hours. There was the exception of the guy who was resting on his bike as I passed who thought he was being considerate by "commiserating" with me about those tiny 100 lbs girls who just run like they are floating on air. Not like I asked or even invited his remark but I guess that he thought he had license to say that... After my initial surprise and then indignation, I did remind myself that I do often kick their little asses as they float along :)

When I got to Lake Union, I decided to go around it the long way via Seattle and headed left. It was then that I started to hurt. I was alternating a sip of nuun with a sip of water with a cliff block during my 1 minute walk recovery intervals. Maybe I should incorporate some caffeine when I start to hit that wall.

I called Ruth when coming up Stone Way realizing that I had under-estimated my mileage and needed a scoop. She met me at Jock and Jill at Greenlake with the most delicious cold watermelon I had ever eaten! YUM

17-18 Mile Run @ 02:59:26
136a, 186m
_____________________________

Logged 17 hours this week -- over 10 was RAMROD...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

great job on the run - cris found Power Gels with caffeine and sodium, does the trick for her and won't run without them now. cm