Saturday, July 01, 2006

We are bone tired but so very proud of ourselves. Today we rode our longest ride ever as part of our training for RAMROD in July. We did the Flying Wheels route with an extra 35 loop in Snohomish that Jeff had shown Ruth last month. The best part was running into Jeff and his daughter Kaitlin on the trail -- perfect timing because he directed us to the right turn-off for the loop.

About halfway through, I was starting to bonk a little as I had nothing to eat since the egg and cheese bagel I had for breakfast. We stopped in Snohomish after the loop and had a nice lunch of turkey sandwich. When that kicked in, I felt really strong again. I am afraid that I may be built for this kind of thing :(

The route was perfect as we hit the worst elevation at mile 100 -- very similar to the RAMROD route although it was no mountain pass, we did get in over 4500 ft of elevation.

139.5 Mile Ride @ 09:00:00
120a, 165m

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I would have rideen with you today... at least as far as lunch...turkey sandwich sounds good ( I had annies mac & cheese)