Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I woke up, stretched and felt that now familiar twinge in my shoulder. I debated whether or not to go to swim practice and finally convinced myself to get my butt out the door...

So I swam with Gisela but kicked the sets with and without zoomers -- and got out early.

1300 Swim Practice @ 00:45:00
________________________________

Then after work, I did my brick. An aerobic bike around Mercer Island followed by a short run (in my new sneakers thankyouverymuch).

The brick went well -- I did not push it hard and while I did not feel tired, I certainly did not feel like I wanted to go any faster.

19.5 Mile Bike @ 01:19:00
113a, 148m

2 minute transition

2.5+ Mile Run @ 27:50
133a, 156m

1 comment:

PuddyRat said...

Hey, Seujan! Have no fear. You are SOOOO going to rock at IMC. I have so much faith and confidence in you. You have worked hard and really, REALLY improved all of your times/paces. I can't begin to tell you how impressed I am with your progress.

That all said, I'd like to share this article about the "taper blues" from active dot com. Take a moment (it's relatively short) and read it. It will describe much of what I think you have been going through (like increased sensitivity, workouts feeling harder, etc.). No doubt your coach will agree with much of what is said.

Lastly, I hope we get a chance to see each other while at IMC. If not before the race, then afterwards. I'll be there until Tuesday, staying at the Day's Inn. You know my name, so you can look me up. I hope you will.

Take care and ROCK ON, GIRLFRIEND!!!! You will be an IRONMAN!