Sunday, August 06, 2006

Ruth left for her training in DC this morning. I spent part of it trying to figure out how to dump the files on my watch because it was full and then mapping out a running route for my 19 mile scheduled run. I had planned to run around Mercer Island but then remembered the I90 bridge closing because of SeaFair. So I put together a route that I could shorten if needed because Ruth was not available as a back-up plan.

I drove and parked near Super Jock and Jill. Ran around Greenlake and then down Stone Way. From there, I ran around Lake Union twice -- turning around at Stone Way and reversing the route to run it both directions. Of course, I forgot that the two bridges to be crossed would be up a lot because of the boat traffic. But missed it every time -- however, would have liked the excuse to rest at least one of the four times :P

I appear to have my confidence back and had a good strong run. I changed the lap settings to run 9 minutes, rest 1 (before I ran 10 and rested 1) and that was just perfect for me. When running up Stone Way, I did a reality check and was happy to learn that I felt really strong and could keep going if I had to! But I was grateful to end it when I did...

18+ Mile Run @ 03:07:00
134a
________________________________________________

The week started out difficult but ended strong -- because Cheryl got my head back into the right place :)

No comments: