Sunday, August 13, 2006

Today was my last long long run (15 miles) before the big race and I managed to procrastinate its start until 1:30 today -- by running around getting paint and doing other household tasks.

Finally, Ruth dumped me at Denny Blaine park and from there I ran to Seward Park, around it and then back to meet her at Madison Beach where she was happily recovering from yesterday's ride.

I did the 9 minute run, 1 minute walk thing and started a bit slowly as I was still digesting the leftover burrito I had for lunch...Perhaps not the best pre-run choice ever...

Ruth and I calculated this route and double-checked it using gmaps pedometer so I know it was 15 miles even though my foot pod only gave me credit for 12. So with my finish time, I maintained a 10 minute mile pace - whoop whoop!

Here is a little perspective...I remember the day I ran a 10 minute mile over 4 years ago and I was ecstatic. Now I kicked out a 15 mile run at that pace, WALKING a minute every mile the day AFTER a 104 mile bike ride. Pretty damn cool. Ruth remarked that my attitude post-melt down has gotten considerably better.

I just mentioned to Ruth that I think I may be a bit manic/depressive for the next couple of weeks and her reply was "you just noticed that now?!?". I guess this Ironman thing has been a bit hard on her...

15.1 Mile Run @ 02:31:9
137a, 212m
____________________________________________
Just a few minutes shy of 16 hours this week. And I had two days off so it has been a long one again...

No comments: