Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Had a really good interval run today. Last night, I started to think about it and immediately went into my "oh no" head space -- "how will I be able to do that?" So I worked hard to turn it around and tried to visualize myself running my intervals fast and finishing strong. Now mind you, my visualization skills last for about 3 seconds but I did keep making myself return to that place so I think I managed about 14.7 seconds of total visualization. Well, it is a start...

Today my workout was 5 x 800 on the 3:45 with a 200 recovery. My starting point is on one side of a flat stretch so I said the word "Enjoy" whenever I started each interval and told myself to just float those flat parts. I guess it worked because I made all my intervals.

In addition, I am scoring all my workouts on both performance and attitude from a 1-10. I had fun today but I docked myself a point for getting pissed at two women during my last interval who DROVE to the edge of the track and got out with their dog and then proceeded to jog slowly around the track three wide without regard for anyone else. But I digress and it did make me run my fastest interval...

6 Mile Interval Workout @ 00:51:21
Attitude = 9 Performance = 10

WU @ 12:09

Interval 1 @ 03:39

Interval 2 @ 03:34

Interval 3 @ 03:36

Interval 4 @ 03:34

Interval 5 @ 03:30

No comments: