Monday, October 16, 2006

I now own three pair of cycling shoes. Two with SPD cleats -- the kind one uses in spin class. So of course, I brought the only pair without those cleats to class this morning. I decided to do weights tomorrow and drove home quickly to get the right shoes for a good workout.

I then realized how relieved I was about that decision -- and learned that I really do not like to lift weights at 5:45 AM on Monday morning so I will probably not plan to do that again.

My HR monitor was acting up and I ended up flinging it to the floor 10 minutes into the workout. I was pretty sleepy this morning and had to force myself to work hard.

Spin Class @ 00:50:00
Attitude = 5 Performance = 6

I did get in a little core though...

3 x 1 min Plank
3 x 15 Lower Ab
____________________________________________

This afternoon was my tempo run. Now I LIKE to do my tempo runs on the treadmill -- even though it kicks my ass, I don't have to think but Cheryl is making me do them on the road to get used to running downhill.

So I plotted out a running route in Bellevue that started on a downhill and had as much gradual downhill as I could find. I only warmed up for less than 5 minutes before pushing my pace. During my run, there were two pace "bunnies" who crossed my path -- however unintentional they were -- they were a "gift" from the universe to make me kick it up a notch. It rained during the second half of my run and I loved it!

Tempo Run @ 00:55:12
Attitude = 10 Performance = 10

WU @ 03:02
111a, 122m
Tempo @ 47:20
150a, 165m
CD @ 04:49
136a, 151m

No comments: