Saturday, December 09, 2006

I just got back from the best swim in a very long time. We slept in, got some coffee and had a relaxing breakfast and then headed to the Expo to pick up our race packets. We managed to score a couple of deals and then headed back so I could do some work I had not been able to get to with our crazy week.

Then to the pool -- a wonderful outdoor facility with the friendliest staff and prices ($1.50 drop in). I did some pulling, kicking and easy intervals. It was wonderful to just feel all the tension of the past week slide away a bit. I may have kicked a bit more than I should have but the therapy of the swim was the best thing ever.

Ruth is headed now to the grocery store to get ingredients for *Vegas Spaghetti while I try to finish up my work so we can have a nice early dinner and relaxing evening in together.

2300 Swim @ 00:45:00

* Vegas Spaghetti is what Ruth made in 2005 the night before the Vegas Marathon in our hotel suite. It was nothing fancy but had ground turkey and lots of veggies -- and it fueled me to qualify for Boston the next day. We plan a repeat.

No comments: