Saturday, January 27, 2007

Getting ready to go for my 55 mile ride. Jeff is here and is helping Ruth change her tire as the valve busted as she tried to pump it up.

My plan is to ride around the lake. For breakfast, I had a bagel with swiss cheese. For the bike, a large bottle of the Hammer Sustained Energy drink with some Hammer Gel squirted in and a smaller bottle of water. Taking two power bars too.

I also converted to KM and need to get in 88.5 Kilometers (55 miles) today. I will keep my speed from 24 kph (14.91 mph) to 28 km (17.40 mph).

Okay, we are headed out.
_____________________________________________

Had a really good ride. We rode from home to Log Boom Park where Jeff realized he had left his keys, credit card and license on the front seat of his unlocked car. I decided to continue to ride around the lake when he turned around. After riding a bit, I realized that I should have ridden back with him -- he was not completely sure about the directions back and his cell phone battery died. So I chased him back down the trail and finally caught up with and rode uphill back home -- where he found everything the way he had left it. We then went down via Greenlake and Stone Way to Seward Park and back. I got a chance to get in my aero bars on Lake Washington blvd -- overall it was a terrific ride and we had a good time.

I drank almost all my bottle with the endurance/gel combination, ate half a banana and an entire power bar. My legs hurt more near the end and while my nutrition was good, I need to get in more during the ride. Near the end, I started sipping the drink every 15 minutes and decided that I needed to start to do that much earlier.

86.15 km (53.5 mile) Long Ride @ 3:52:27
130a

22.23 kmh (13.8 mph)
_________________________

Did some stretching and planks when I got home.

3 x 1:00 Plank

No comments: