Monday, January 29, 2007

This morning's spin class was the usual terrific ass-kicker. Did some jumps, sprints and hills and I visualized myself riding in New Zealand :)

Spin Class @ 00:53:46
136a, 158m

Got in some core before and after spin too.

CORE

5 x 12 Back and Side
5 x 15 Crunch on Ball

Was not able to get out for a run during lunch so I ran Greenlake twice after work. I was pretty unhappy about it -- I hate to run at the end of my work day and a double-loop on top of it is quite unpleasant. I just wanted to go home to where it was warm and there was light -- eat dinner and drink my cheap wine.

So I made myself change before I left work so I would not have a chance of talking myself out of it and parked near the pool. I had forgotten gloves so I ran with my work socks on my hands. I had to do a bit of self-talking out there and realized that tonight's run was exactly what I was supposed to be doing. I will be starting the run around that time for the Ironman so it was good to do so after a long day. And the run is out and back -- twice so the monotony of the double-loop is perfect training.

It was a good workout and I negative-split it. At one point though, I ended up yelling at some very inconsiderate people who ran three abreast towards me. The first time, I ran straight into them but had to swerve at the last moment because they were so clueless. The second time I had enough and started yelling at them to share the path. I doubt I made any progress in universal civility because I am sure that somewhere out there, there is a runner blogging about a crazy chick wearing dress socks on her hands yelling for no reason whatsoever.

6.2 Mile Run @ 00:57:55
142a, 159m

Lap 1 @ 00:29:45
136a, 146m

Lap 2 @ 00:28:09
148a, 159m

No comments: