Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Had a good swim this morning. One of the sets was 3 x 200 swim, 1 x 200 kick, 3 x 200 swim and 1 x 200 kick. The 200's were just what I needed -- did them on the 3:30 interval (POKEY) but it still kicked my ass.

2500 Swim Practice @ 00:55:00

I commuted home from work today. My directive is to "push it" and then possibly get on the rollers when I get home and push it some more. I did the first part successfully -- I will need to build to the "get on the rollers when I get home part"...

I fastened my HR monitor watch on the Hindenburg handlebars to keep track and headed out. It is much easier to push it while riding up hills on a single speed than down but I made a conscious effort to keep a more aggressive pace than I would normally. It should get easier as I get more daylight as I slowed down when I was unsure of the road.

17 Mile Commute @ 01:22:14
132a

I am also on day two of my "Mindless Eating" plan. I finished this book the other night and decided that my three small food related changes based on my present behaviors are the following:
  • Slow Down: Set my food/fork/spoon down between every bite.
  • The Power of Two: Choose any two per day -- drink, appetizer or dessert
  • Take 20: Wait 20 minutes before getting second helpings.
The author says that it takes 28 days to turn behaviors into habits so I jump-started this in January and will follow through February.

No comments: