Sunday, January 21, 2007

I was wide awake at 5:30 this morning and got up to get in some coffee and give my bagel time to digest before my long 14 mile run. I was still trying to figure out my route at @ 8:30 when I realized that one aspect that was driving my procrastination was how tired I felt. I decided to try to take a nap instead and run in the afternoon.

I slept for about a half hour and woke up feeling well enough to do my run at 10:00. Drove to Madison beach and ran McGilvra/Lake Washington Blvd to Seward Park and back. While the run was not miserable, at no point did I feel super strong. My run back was 2 minutes slower than the way out.

14 Mile Run @ 02:12:19
139a, 185m

Way Out @ 01:05:32
139a, 185m

Way Back @ 01:06:46
140a, 185m

CORE

3 x 1 min. Plank
____________________________

Then we met with Cheryl to plan what Ruth calls the Shotgun Ironman. I have a lot of homework -- and a lot more miles to put in... I put the plan in my Training Log.

Some Take-Aways:

  • Write a race plan
  • Practice nutrition
  • Long bikes are loops -- and can be a combination of indoor and outdoor riding.
  • Start thinking in kilometers -- and switch bike computer that so I understand pacing better.

No comments: