Monday, February 26, 2007

The internet cafe computers here are logged into the German version of Blogger so I do not claim any responsibilities for misspelled words....

We woke up this morning planning another beautiful swim but one look at the waves on the lake turned it instead to a nice run on the path around the lake. I think I am more recovered from the travel than I am and while the run was entirely pleasant, I did not feel super strong or fast. Of course last night's fish and chips probably did not help...even though I peeled most of the breading from the fish before eating it. I do have the sample the native cuisine and beer of course....

Ruth is still fighting a bad cold that has now settled into her chest giving her a cough that echos throughout our little space. In a way it is good for my taper week because it slows her down during our workouts.

6.5 Mile Run @ 01:00:00
138a, 153m

CORE
3 x 1 Min Plank
________________________________

After our run, we met our group for breakfast and again opted out of any of the group rides and activities except for driving to the Hot Springs this evening. I really do not like to be around other triathletes -- it just makes me too escalated. Our motel is about .75 miles from town so we are getting in a lot of long good walks here.

I just LOVE it here. It is so beautiful and relaxed. And I love the different sayings people have. At some point, I am going to get the courage up to ask someone why there are two different flushing button options on the toilets...

When the winds die down a bit more, we plan to get in our swim.
________________________________

Got in a nice swim along the course route. Worked on rotating hips.

45 Minute Swim

3 x 1 Min Plank

No comments: