Saturday, March 17, 2007

Got on my bike this morning to try to get in a ride before the rain hit. This is the first time I rode the Orbea since New Zealand and I noticed fairly early my shifting was rather clunky -- but chose to ignore it making a mental note to bring it in to Dean at Pedal Dynamics for him to look at.

My plan was to ride around the lake before Janarah's playoff basketball game at 2:00 starting by going around the South end. On my way to Seward Park, I saw lots of people from Cheryl's group, including Jeff who turned around and rode with me long enough to have a quick chat.

When climbing the hill after Seward my shifting started to really mis-behave and I took my wheel off and put it on again. Noticed my derailleur was bent and tried to bend it back and made it much worse. So I turned around and limped to Triumph MultiSport in Leschi (thank goodness for the tailwind) where they fixed my bike and sold me a new seat. Threw the old seat in my pocket and continued the ride but adjusted the route to go around Mercer Island and then home to make the game.

Had a really good ride until it started to sprinkle and then just plain old RAIN on I90 but I made it home fine. I did push my cadence and HR to stay about 140 throughout but my overall speed was affected by mechanical issues.

45 Mile Ride @ 03:14:00
144a

No comments: