Saturday, March 24, 2007

This weekend, I had to get in a 60 mile ride and a 8 mile run and the order could be dictated by the weather. Even though there were dire weather reports about today's rain, I decided to start the ride outside on the Hindenburg and turn around when it started to dump and finish on the rollers.

I had a late start because the front tire was flat and found the piece of glass that must have embedded itself in the tire. The weather stayed decent from home to Seward Park so I decided to continue to around the south end. Once I hit Renton, it started to rain, and then harder to the point where I was feeling quite sorry for myself as I hid in the bathroom at Coulon Park. After a stern self-talking to, I headed to Bellevue and decided to go home over Mercer Island. No idea what the exact mileage was because I do not have a computer on that bike so I estimated the ride to be 40 miles leaving me 20 to finish on the bike.

Once I got home, I had a really tough time getting on the bike. I was wet, cold and DONE. But I managed to get in 15 miles before I just could not take it much more and got off. When Ruth came home to a shaky me, she reviewed my nutrition with me and helped me understand that one Powerbar and 1/3 of a bottle of Gatorade was not enough fuel for that ride.

55 Mile Ride @ 04:06:35
131a

No comments: