Sunday, May 27, 2007

It has been a week since my last blog entry and I did keep up mostly on my training log while neglecting my blog.

Fortunately, when I went to the Dr. on Wednesday, the diagnosis was a bad cold and not anything bacterial. However, the coughing has been persistent and is easily irritated by any effort. My first 3 mile run on Friday since getting sick was dismal and was followed by about 30 minutes of constant coughing. I have been taking my cough syrup but saving it for nights -- the last week of those have been spent propped up on the couch in order to sleep. I did try to go to bed last night but in less than an hour, this effort was awarded with consistent coughing that continued through 3:30 AM. :(

This week has been a good exercise in keeping my ego in check. I have been passed running and biking by those who appear to be the most casual of athletes. The two things I am able to do is swim and lift so I got in a lift yesterday after a very slow longish bike ride.

I did learn that my new work schedule will be 7-4 Sun thru Thurs and this means unfortunately that I will not be able to swim with my favorite team but will swim instead with Greenlake for the duration of this schedule. However, I will be able to swim open water with everyone on Fridays so that summer joy is safe.
_______________________________________________
Had a nice swim at Helene Madison and finished the day with some planking.

2900 Swim Practice @ 01:00:00

CORE
3 x 1 min. Plank

No comments: