Monday, May 28, 2007

I was very excited about getting a "bed wedge" yesterday so I can sleep in bed (I have spent the last week propped up on the couch) and possibly get a good night's sleep. My sleep has been terrible punctuated by coughing fits and it is really beginning to wear on me.

Unfortunately, the angle was not right and the coughing started about 30 minutes in. I ended up yet again on the couch and did not fall asleep until after midnight. At 6:30 this morning, Ruth was up and about, dressed in her Viking kit and making coffee. I retreated to the bedroom and was able to fall asleep again right after letting her know that I did not want to ride the Hills of Kirkland today. I just would not have been able to keep up with her, nor do the century distance she wanted to and it would have been a very frustrating day for both of us.

After almost two more hours of sleep, I am up again and ready to go for a ride on my terms.
____________________________________________
Had a good ride today from home around the South end of the lake, around Mercer Island and finally ending in Kirkland to meet Ruth at the end of her ride to get a scoop home. Definitely not feeling 100% but was able to push it a bit harder than I was the other day.

50 Mile Ride @ 03:30:00

No comments: