Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Today was my first day of my three day Starbucks "store immersion" and my shift was scheduled from 1:00-9:30 PM. I started out the morning with Swim Practice and then had breakfast and home and assembled all my workout gear for two days, picked something up at the SCC and headed to Bellevue for my favorite run around the Slough before reporting into work.

2550 Swim Practice @ 00:55:00

6 Mile Run @ 01:00:00

I had a feeling that something was wrong when my usual leg muscle soreness did not go away after 30 minutes of running and the entire run felt very hard and long. When I went to the shower after, I was on a pretty strict time line but the hot water felt SO GOOD. I gave myself 48 extra seconds under it and then forced myself out, into my "barista uniform" and reported to work.

That was when it hit me that I was getting sick. I could not focus on the training they put me through and was feeling simultaneously hot and chilled. I made it through until about 8PM and dragged myself home where I found the CODRAL medicine from our trip to New Zealand and took some of that and went straight to bed.

No comments: