Saturday, July 07, 2007

We had a very pleasant drive North yesterday in our air conditioned car while watching the temperature rise on the thermometer - at one point hitting 103! YIKES. Went out for a nice dinner and even ate outside to help get acclimated to this damn heat.

I feel so disconnected from this race -- this is the most disconnected I have ever been from a race! I plan to spend part of today working on my race plan and getting my head where it belongs. On vacation and in a Half Ironman.

Of course yesterday while we were waiting in the lobby a guy came up to Ruth and chatted her up with something like "You look like are going to pick up a race packet". Grrr. I was standing right there. Of course that is a trigger for me and made me feel like I do not belong here. HATE THAT. Ruth said that it was fine, I will just dust him at the end. So I am working on letting that go even though I have yet to be successful 12+ hours later...

More later...

No comments: